(Meningococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine)
(Group A, C, Y & W135)
Meningitis or Meningococcemia is caused by Neisseria meningitidis (Groups A, C, Y, W135) bacteria. It may be severe and life threatening. A variety of neurological and immunological complications are generally associated with the primary disease.
QUADRI MENINGO™ is to be used to protect against cerebrospinal meningitis caused by Neisseria meningitidis (Group A, C, Y & W 135). Quadri Meningo™ conforms to the I.P.
Each dose (0.5 ml) of vaccine contains :
|Purified Polysaccharide of Neisseria meningitidis Group A||50 mcg|
|Purified Polysaccharide of Neisseria meningitidis Group C||50 mcg|
|Purified Polysaccharide of Neisseria meningitidis Group Y||50 mcg|
|Purified Polysaccharide of Neisseria meningitidis Group W 135||50 mcg|
|Lactose I.P. (Stabilizer)||5 mg|
|Thimerosal I.P. (Preservative)||0.05 mg|
- Hajj and Umrah pilgrims heading to Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
- Children and adults exposed to infected patients.
- Recommended for children above 18 months of age as routine immunization in endemic areas.
- Travellers heading to disease prone areas should be vaccinated at least 15 days in advance.
- Military recruits.
- During epidemic, children between 3-18 months need to be vaccinated 3 months apart. Revaccination is recommended in children at high risk areas who were vaccinated below 4 years of age.
QUADRI MENINGO™ is available in single dose vial with syringe and 10 dose vial packing along with appropriate diluent.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION :
Reconstitute the lyophilisate with the entire content of the diluent provided with vaccine vaccine. Inject 0.5 ml as S/C or I/M injection.
CONTRA- INDICATION :
- Hypersensitivity to any of the vaccine component.
- Ongoing acute or chronic illness like fever, severe infection, persistent diarrhoea, vomiting.
SIDE EFFECTS :
Reaction to vaccination generally consists of localized injection site reaction ( Pain , redness) , transient hyperthermia , headache,vomiting in children etc.
Store at 2° C to 8° C in refrigerator. Product is good to use for 24 months from the date of manufacture.
OTHER INFORMATION :
W.H.O has recommended use of Quadrivalent Vaccine (containing A, C, Y & W 135) in place of bivalent vaccine (containing only A, C ) specially in areas like India where group specific meningococci – causing the disease have not been identified.